Friday, August 27, 2010

This is probably the singer

that I get the most static about liking....well maybe the second.  Jimmy Somerville.

But anyway, when I tell someone that I LOVE his falsetto and own everything that he has ever recorded with any group or other singer....they give me that blank "why" stare.

Honestly, I really don't know.  But for me there is something amazingly comforting in his voice. Even though his work is primarily dance/disco ish....I really do find it soothing to listen to.

You all knew the frog queen was insane, right?  Now you have your proof.

I still remember the first time I heard this song, and the joy I get listening to it has not faded with time nor familiarity :)



I have thought about it.....I get static about him.....but I would have to say first place is......  You are going to have to wait to find out :)

2 comments:

  1. Who gives you static? Let me at 'em! I have always loved Jimmy, Bronski Beat, The Communards, and even the work he did for the film "Orlando".

    ReplyDelete
  2. William, I knew I liked you for a reason :) I did love Orlando...and you bet, I picked his voice out the moment I heard it, had to possess the soundtrack.

    I have to say our crew all has different tastes in music......so between all of us I think we have the most bases covered.

    I currently hold the "I have no idea who that is" category securely covered :D Jimmy being one of them :) I tell my friends they need to get out more :)

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete