Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Probably my favorite

job was when I lived in Southern California and worked for a newspaper in the circulation department.

Now this was back in the day when they actually had kids on bicycles delivering papers. I have a warm spot in my heart for that...most of the time. :) Sometimes those little demons (I mean children) would drive me nuts!! They would break windows, destroy plants, and I believe one particular little demo...oh, child, was actually trying to kill this one guys dog with the paper!!

Anyway, twice a year we would have field trips to Disneyland if the carriers (that's what we called them! See it is all coming back to me!) met certain sales and service goals.

We would go in the spring and the fall - I just loved seeing Disneyland all decked out for Christmas! Absolutely beautiful!

Anyway, since I went twice a year with about 30 kids (are we understanding now why the Frog Queen has not children of her own :) I have to say I probably saw the Captain EO show 20 times.

But in my defense, I have seen the Haunted Mansion at least three times that amount. In fact, I was very little, but I did get to go see the Haunted Mansion the week that it opened up. My dad and his friend took me (I think they used me as an excuse to go themselves :) it is probably one of my earliest childhood memories.

Very likely the reason that I do love Halloween and scary stuff so much!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment